The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
In molecular biology, the use of the term 'homology' has given rise to more debate, although here the issue seems to involve primarily the criteria for assessing whether parts of genes are the same because of shared descent or for other reasons. The contributions to the book explore these topics systematically. There are chapters on the historical development of the concept of homology and its use in population studies. Other chapters deal with issues of homology in morphological and developmental studies, in behavioural studies, and especially in studies at the level of molecular genetics.
268 pages; ISBN 9780470515662
, or download in
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology > Algebraic topology
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology > Homotopy theory
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology > H-spaces
- Academic > Life Sciences > Biology > Evolution
- Academic > Mathematics > Tables
- Mathematics > Algebra
- Science > Cytology
- Science > Biology
- Science > Evolution