The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Global Environmental Issues
- Each chapter interlinks human demands on the Earth's resources to natural biophysical change - not simply a 'cause and effect' treatment of global issues and environmental change
- Includes coverage of contemporary hot topics such as biodiversity, urbanisation and sustainable development
- Global case studies (two per chapter) contextualise theory for students
"This book should have considerable appeal among undergraduate and postgraduate students in a broad range of disciplines. Frances Harris has assembled a team of well-qualified authors, who between them consider such important environmental issues as climate and sea level change, biodiversity, GM crops, energy supply, urbanization, pollution and sustainable development. The style is clear and non-technical, the coverage is global and the text is supported by numerous figures and illustrations. Boxed case studies provide useful exemplification of general issues. I have no doubt that this book will be very popular with my own students, in providing detailed analysis of a range of key environmental issues which are frequently reported in the media."
Tony Binns, University of Sussex, UK
"This book usefully realises that environmental issues are a complex blend of contested science, broader socio-political contexts and the concerns, values, attitudes and livelihoods of individuals. Written by internationally recognised authors, it covers major global issues such as pollution, energy, climate change, sea level rise, food production, urbanisation and sustainability in an informative way, with abundant case studies and illustrations, which clearly exemplify just how complex the facets of the issues can be. It does not offer easy solutions but it is a good exercise in awareness for the reader."
Stephen Trudgill, Robinson College, University of Cambridge, UK
338 pages; ISBN 9780470093955
, or download in
Title: Global Environmental Issues
Author: Frances Harris
The Hot Zone 2012 US$ 7.99 448 pages
Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation 2014 US$ 12.99 320 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > General works
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Encyclopedias
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Earth Sciences