The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Analysis of Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
The Method of Lines
The method of lines is a very accurate and powerful way to analyze electromagnetic waves, enabling a full-wave solution without the computational burden of pure finite element or finite difference methods.
With Analysis of Electromagnetic Fields and Waves, Reinhold Pregla describes an important and powerful method for analyzing electromagnetic waves. This book:
- Describes the general analysis principles for electromagnetic fields.
- Includes applications in microwave, millimetre wave and optical frequency regions.
- Unifies the analysis by introducing generalised transmission line (GTL) equations for all orthogonal coordinate systems and with materials of arbitrary anisotropy as a common start point.
- Demonstrates a unique analysis principle with the numerical stable impedance/admittance transformation and a physical adapted field transformation concept that is also useful for other modelling algorithms.
- Includes chapters on Eigenmode calculations for various waveguides, concatenations and junctions of arbitrary number of different waveguide sections in complex devices, periodic structures (e.g. Bragg gratings, meander lines, clystron resonators, photonic crystals), antennas (e.g. circular and conformal).
- Enables the reader to solve partial differential equations in other physical areas by using the described principles.
- Features an accompanying website with program codes in Matlab© for special problems.
Analysis of Electromagnetic Fields and Waves will appeal to electromagnetic field practitioners in primary and applied research as well as postgraduate students in the areas of photonics, micro- and millimetre waves, general electromagnetics, e.g. microwave integrated circuits, antennas, integrated and fibre optics, optoelectronics, nanophotonics, microstructures, artificial materials.
523 pages; ISBN 9780470058510
, or download in
The Galileo Affair 1989 US$ 12.95 399 pages
Will You Be Alive 10 Years from Now? 2013 US$ 27.95 256 pages