International GAAP 2008
Generally Accepted Accounting Practice under International Financial Reporting Standards
International GAAP 2008 is the only globally focused work on IFRSs. It is not constrained by any individual country’s legislation or financial reporting regulations, and it ensures an international consistency of approach unavailable elsewhere. It shows how difficult practical issues should be approached in the new complex global world of international financial reporting, where IFRSs have become the accepted financial reporting system in more than 120 countries. This integrated approach provides a unique level of authoritative material for anyone involved in preparing, interpreting or auditing company accounts, for regulators, academic researchers and for all students of accountancy.
The International Financial Reporting Group of Ernst & Young includes financial reporting specialists from throughout the world. Complex technical accounting issues are explained clearly in a practical working context that enables immediate understanding of the point at issue.
International GAAP 2008 is accompanied by numerous worked examples, a comprehensive discussion of the practical issues of the day and the possible alternative solutions available, and hundreds of practical illustrations taken from the actual financial statements of companies that report under IFRSs.
- The only globally focused work on IFRS giving an international consistency of approach unavailable elsewhere
- This new and essential volume of practical guidance and expert interpretation deals with every aspect of applying International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) appropriately and effectively
- Written by financial reporting experts from the International Financial Reporting Group of Ernst & Young
- Includes a new chapter on Extractive Industries (mining, oil & gas), the biggest industry sector in the world
- This new edition in the International GAAP® series serves as a successor to the same authors’ market-dominating UK GAAP and UK & International GAAP
"an important part to play in the process of promoting consistent, comparable and high quality financial reporting under IFRSs … a book that not only provides an analysis of the requirements of the standards and the principles that they expound, but also presents a unique explanation of how the standards should be interpreted and applied in practice."
—the Chairman of Trustees of the IASC Foundation
Praise for previous editions in the International GAAP series:
"A standard reference work"
"The definitive guide to financial reporting"
3166 pages; ISBN 9780470694411
, or download in
Title: International GAAP 2008
Author: Mike Bonham; Ernst & Young
The SPEED of Trust 2006 US$ 12.99 384 pages
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages