The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Critical Care Ultrasonography
A complete, hands-on guide to successful image acquisition and interpretation at the bedside
"The real strength of this textbook is its clinical focus. The editors are to be complimented on keeping a consistent structure within each chapter, beginning with basic physical principles, practical “knobology,” scanning tips, key findings, pitfalls and limitations, and how the key findings relate to bedside patho-physiology and decision-making. Thus, the authors have succeeded in providing a reference standard to support bedside critical care providers to understand the context for their personal sonographically guided decision-making processes."--Critical Care Medicine
Written by top practitioners in the field, this all-in-one text/DVD package is filled with practical guidance that helps you master clinical ultrasonography in a critical care environment. Here, you’ll learn exactly how to utilize diagnostic ultrasound as part of the physical exam, as the book examines current evidence supporting its use in the critically ill adult and child.
Organized by body system, Critical Care Ultrasonography features self-contained chapters that can be used as individual reference guides for a range of interventions, from transthoracic echocardiography to echocardiagraphic evaluation of cardiac trauma. Through this in-depth coverage, you’ll get a sense of how this essential technology supports the cross-disciplinary nature of critical care. The book’s authoritative content is reinforced throughout by a full-color presentation and hundreds of concept-clarifying illustrations, figures, and images.
- Comprehensive coverage of the fundamentals of ultrasound use in critical care
- Guidance on ultrasound procedures enables practitioners to use ultrasound for vascular and axial procedures, improving safety and ensuring that nationally recognized compliance standards are upheld
- Cardiac ultrasound chapters help you assess and monitor the patient’s cardiopulmonary status non-invasively
- Chapter on Neck and Upper Respiratory Ultrasound offers an overview of little-known techniques that have not been comprehensively described in any other source
- Full-color presentation, with 495 illustrations that emphasize the basic skills required to visualize anatomic structures and interpret findings
- Companion DVD features video clips that cover pediatric critical care, goal-directed echocardiography in the ICU, echocardiographic evaluation of valve function and endocarditis, and more!
399 pages; ISBN 9780071714419
, or download in or
More from this author
- Point of Care Medicine2013US$ 50.00591 pages