The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Alternative Energy Systems in Building Design (GreenSource Books)
Design High-Performance Alternative Energy Systems for Buildings
A comprehensive reference for architects and engineers, this GreenSource book provides practical design and installation guidelines for some of the most commercially viable alternative energy technologies. Construction materials, system deployment, typical installations, and environmental impact are covered.
Alternative Energy Systems in Building Design includes information on LEED design, energy conservation, and solar power financing and return on investment. Power purchase agreements (PPAs) and national and international carbon cap and trade are also discussed. Valuable appendices contain detailed design data tables and certified equipment listings.
Alternative Energy Systems in Building Design covers:
- Solar power system physics and technologies
- California solar initiative program
- Energy conservation
- Passive heating solar technologies
- Fuel cell technology
- Wind energy technologies
- Ocean energy technologies
- Hydroelectric and micro-hydro turbine power
- Geothermal energy
- Biofuel, biogas, and thermal depolymerization technologies
- Fission- and fusion-type nuclear power
- Air pollution abatement
544 pages; ISBN 9780071625241
, or download in or