The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Architect's Guide to Residential Design (e-book)
Written by a successful practitioner of both residential and commercial architecture, this hands-on resource enables you to transfer and expand your architectural design skills and successfully integrate single-family residential design into your professional practice.
The Architect's Guide to Residential Design discusses typical residential design issues, such as budgets and construction schedules, and offers guidelines for interacting with design-conscious clients. This detailed handbook presents a comprehensive methodology for the process of designing, pricing, and constructing single-family homes. Six real-world case studies, each featuring a unique site, budget, program, and set of circumstances, are included.
The Architect's Guide to Residential Design covers:
- Houses as an architectural practice
- How houses differ from commercial and institutional architectural projects
- Design and documentation for architect-designed houses
- Bidding and negotiating with contractors
- Cutting the contract with both owners and contractors
- Construction administration and the building process
272 pages; ISBN 9780071605649
, or download in or
The Architecture of Modern Italy, 1 2005 US$ 35.00 279 pages
Architectural Graphic Standards 2010 US$ 110.00 560 pages