This new edition of the innovative and widely acclaimed Theatre Histories: An Introduction offers overviews of theatre and drama in many world cultures and periods together with case studies demonstrating the methods and interpretive approaches used by today's theatre historians.
Completely revised and renewed in color, enhancements and new material include:
- a full-color text design with added timelines to each opening section
- a wealth of new color illustrations to help convey the vitality of performances described
- new case studies on African, Asian, and Western subjects
- a new chapter on modernism, and updated and expanded chapters and part introductions
- fuller definitions of terms and concepts throughout in a new glossary
- a re-designed support website offering links to new audio-visual resources, expanded bibliographies, approaches to teaching theatre and performance history, discussion questions relating to case studies and an online glossary.
640 pages; ISBN 9781134042944
, or download in or
Title: Theatre Histories
Author: Phillip B. Zarrilli; Bruce McConachie; Gary Jay Williams; Carol Fisher Sorgenfrei
Access to History for the IB Diploma: Peacemaking, peacekeeping - international relations 1918-36 2012 US$ 17.58 249 pages
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
Unbroken 2010 US$ 11.99
History for the IB Diploma: The Great Depression and the Americas 192939 2012 US$ 16.00 242 pages