The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Urban and Regional Data Management
UDMS 2009 Annual
Natural and human activities change the environment we are living in and consequently impact the quality of life. Analysing these dynamics leads to a better understanding of urban change and facilitates urban development. Research related to the management of urban data has a long tradition. Through the years a variety of challenging research questions has been investigated related to the collection, storage, use and visualisation of the data representing the urban phenomena in a computer-based environment.
The Urban Data Management Symposium (UDMS) focuses on these issues since 1971. UDMS aims at providing a forum to discuss urban planning processes, exchange ideas, share information on available technology and demonstrate and promote successful information systems in local government. The focus is on urban, regional and rural issues. The UDMS 2009 annual addresses the following themes: 3D modelling, Spatial Data Infrastructures and databases, Risk and Disaster management, Environmental planning, analysis and e-government and Traffic and road monitoring.
The book will be a useful source of information for urban data-related professionals, such as scholars, GIS engineers, geomatic professionals, photogrammetrists, land surveyors, mapping specialists, urban planners and researchers, as well as for postgraduate students and lecturers.
480 pages; ISBN 9781135261542
, or download in
- Academic > Sociology > Communities. Classes. Races > Urban groups. The city. Urban sociology > City planning
- Academic > Geography > Mathematical geography. Cartography > Surveys (General)
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Remote sensing; Technological innovations
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development
- Technology > Agriculture
- Technology > Remote Sensing