James Zetzel's general Introduction discusses Cicero's public life; the social, political, and cultural contexts of his speeches; and the challenges of translating them into modern English. This edition also includes an introduction to each speech, a section on Roman institutions and offices, a chronological table, maps, a bibliography, and a biographical index.
James Zetzel is Anthon Professor of the Latin Language and Literature in the Classics Department at Columbia University.
, or download in or
Title: Ten Speeches
Author: Cicero; James E.G. Zetzel
The Wright Brothers 2015 US$ 14.99 650 pages
Bill O'Reilly's Legends and Lies 2015 US$ 14.99 320 pages
- Academic > Literature > Literature > Collections of general literature > Wit and humor > By region or country > Cicero, Marcus Tullius
- Academic > Literature > Collections of general literature > Wit and humor > By region or country
- Academic > Literature > Classical literature > Roman literature > Individual authors Including:
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Greek philology and language
- Foreign Language Study > Latin
- History > Ancient > Rome
- History > Europe
- Literary Criticism