The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Foodservice Employee Safety Handbook
Provides food safety and general safety awareness training. This must-have handbook contains practical, real-world food safety information that will help your employees recognize and deal with potential hazards ... and reduce the chances of foodborne illness.
This versatile handbook ...
- Covers 13 key food safety topics in a single book for convenient, timesaving training
- Is specific to the foodservice industry - uses examples your employees can relate to
- Supports any training program, new or existing, through its user-friendly format
- Features easy-to-read, short chapters that are loaded with colorful illustrations to attract even the most reluctant reader
- Contains a 10-question review for each chapter so you can gauge understanding and reinforce learning.
- Includes a glossary to boost employee understanding
- Features a unique employee receipt page that makes it easy to document your training efforts
J. J. Keller's Foodservice Employee Safety Handbook covers the key topics that your employees must deal with every day:
- Foodborne Illness
- Personal Hygiene
- Cross Contamination
- Time & Temperature Controls
- Allergens - NEW
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Cuts & Knife Handling
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Back Safety
130 pages; ISBN 9781602875241
, or download in
The changing world of foodborne illness
The types of foodborne illnesses are constantly changing. A century ago, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, and cholera were common. However, improvements in food safety such as pasteurization of milk, safe canning, and disinfection of water supplies have conquered those illnesses.
Today other foodborne illnesses have taken their place, including some that have only recently been discovered. In the last 15 years, several important diseases of unknown cause have turned out to be complications of foodborne infections.
- Certain strains of E. coli can cause kidney failure in young children and infants;
- Salmonella can lead to reactive arthritis and serious infections;
- Listeria can cause meningitis and stillbirths; and
- Campylobacter may be the most common cause for Guillain-Barre syndrome.
10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse 2014 US$ 9.99 304 pages
The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet 2014 US$ 14.99 288 pages
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Food service > Food service; Safety measures; Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Hospitality industry
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Personnel management
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Hotel management
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Restaurants
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Hospitality industry
- Food and Wine