The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Essential Bushfire Safety Tips
Bushfire authorities urge people to be ready for summer with a safety plan. Essential Bushfire Safety Tips has everything you need to know to make your bushfire plan with confidence, providing accurate information in an accessible, clear way. In this condensed version of Joan Webster’s acclaimed The Complete Bushfire Safety Book, over 2000 authenticated tips are listed, covering every known bushfire danger and safety factor. This handy book demystifies bushfire behaviour; details the protective action needed at each stage of danger; lists killer and survival factors; discusses evacuation dangers and advantages, how to make a safe ‘stay or go’ decision and sets out safe travel for holidaymakers. It explains how bushfire attacks houses, describes weather factors and safe burning-off procedures and lists home bushfire equipment. Bushfire does not only endanger rural people. More than half of all bushfire tragedies happen in the grassy, leafy, outer city suburbs. Everyone who lives or works in or near the countryside or urban-fringe needs this book. The knowledge it offers can help greatly to reduce dangers to homes and lives, and take the fear out of summer.
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare > Emergency Services
- Science > Environmental Science
- Business > Industries > Service Industries
- Nature > Natural Disasters
- Technology > Agriculture
- Technology > Industrial Health & Safety