The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Buddhism in India
Challenging Brahmanism and Caste
This fascinating book constitutes a unique exploration of 2,500 years of the development of Buddhism, Brahmanism and caste in India, taking Dr Ambedkar`s interpretation of Buddhism as its starting point. Providing an entirely new interpretation of the origins and development of the caste system, which boldly challenges the `Hindutva` version of history, this book will attract a wide readership among all those who are concerned with the state of contemporary India`s polity and social fabric.
330 pages; ISBN 9788132103707
, or download in
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Communities. Classes. Races > Classes > Caste system
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology > Cultural traits, customs, and institutions > Intellectual life, Including communication, recreation, philosophy, religion, knowledge, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Societies, councils, associations, clubs, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > History
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Relation to other religious and philosophical systems
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Religion > Sociology of Religion
- Religion > Buddhism
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Sociology of Religion
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies