Zur Novelle der Jahre 1848–1888. Stifter, Keller, Meyer, Storm
The novella from the Age of Realism does not represent literary reality, but literary artificiality. It is characterised by an aesthetic quality which until now has only been commented on marginally. The novellas display 'artfulness' by continuing the Romantic programme through strategies of aestheticisation of both a formal nature (e.g. framing) and a substantive kind (e.g. logical inconsistencies). ?Poetry of poetry’ is taken seriously as a guideline and runs counter to the efforts of the Realists to picture reality.
268 pages; ISBN 9783484971066
, or download in
Title: Poietischer Realismus
Author: Lars Korten
More Literary Criticism
Critique of the Power of Judgment 2000 US$ 36.00 477 pages
How to Read Literature Like a Professor Revised 2014 US$ 7.99 314 pages
- Academic > Literature > German literature > History of German literature > Modern
- Academic > Literature > German literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > German literature > Provincial, local, colonial, etc.
- Foreign Language Books > German
- Literary Criticism > European > German
- Foreign Language Study > German