The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
International Developments in Investigative Interviewing
This book examines international developments in investigative interviewing. It analyses the cases and other factors leading to the paradigm shift in a number of countries, it considers issues that are of current interest to practitioners and academics including the continuing calls for the use of torture, whether it is possible to detect deception and the contribution of investigative interviewing methods to concepts of therapeutic and restorative justice.
The book responds to the recognition that there are currently no international human rights instruments that relate specifically to custodial questioning, whilst also offering a critical analysis of the attempts to influence investigator and prosecutor behaviour by recourse to human rights. This book will be essential reading for practitioners designing and delivering investigative interviewing training programmes as well as academics and students studying international criminal justice.
272 pages; ISBN 9781134046348
, or download in or
More from this author
- Handbook of Criminal Investigation2007US$ 67.95737 pages
- Handbook of Psychology of Investigative Interviewing2009US$ 67.95737 pages
More Social Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Police duty. Methods of protection > Investigation of crimes. Examination and identification of prisoners
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary
- Social Science > Criminology
- True Crime