The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Ubuntu Unleashed 2010 Edition
Covering 9.10 and 10.4
Ubuntu Unleashed 2010 Edition presents comprehensive coverage of the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution. Windows users, Mac users, and Linux enthusiasts have been increasingly turning to Ubuntu for a user-friendly, easy-to-use Linux distribution.
This book provides detailed information on installing, using, and administering Ubuntu. You will learn how to set up a workstation or a server, and you will find complete details on Ubuntu’s easy-to-use desktop and productivity software.
Ubuntu Unleashed 2010 Edition includes a range of coverage: From the software you need in your everyday work, such as the OpenOffice.org productivity suite, to how to configure your Linux desktop to run smoothly using multiple printers, shell scripts, and more.
For the hardcore Linux enthusiast, there is complete coverage of the X Window system, Linux programming, web server administration, and network administration.
- Install and configure Ubuntu
- Get all your system’s devices and peripherals up and running
- Configure and use the X Window System
- Manage Linux services and users
- Run a printer server
- Connect to a local network and the Internet
- Set up and administer a web server with Apache
- Secure your machine and your network from intruders
- Learn shell scripting
- Share files with Windows users using Samba
- Get productive with OpenOffice.org
- Play games on Linux
- Use Linux multimedia programs
- Create and maintain a MySQL database
- Configure a firewall
- Set up an FTP server
- Use Ubuntu’s development and programming tools
- Tune your Ubuntu system for maximum performance
- Learn to manage and compile the kernel and modules
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Linux
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Operating Systems > Linux