Learn how to develop applications for Android mobile devices using simple examples, ready to run with your copy of the software development kit. Author and Android columnist, writer, developer, and community advocate Mark L. Murphy shows you what you need to know to get started on programming Android applicationseverything from crafting graphical user interfaces to using GPS, accessing web services, and more!
The Android development platform, created by Google and the Open Handset Alliance, is a platform in its truest sense, encompassing hundreds of classes beyond the traditional Java classes and open source components that ship with the SDK. Some Android books race through the material, trying to cover as much ground as possible in as few pages as possible. Experienced writer and community advocate Mark Murphy shows you how to develop Android applications simply and with care.
The book includes dozens of sample projects, ready to run with your copy of the SDKnot just one huge project where you have difficulty finding the specific examples of the technique you are looking for. You can even get these sample programs online at Apress.com.
379 pages; ISBN 9781430224204
, or download in
Title: Beginning Android
Author: Mark Murphy
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The Internet For Dummies 2015 US$ 19.99 388 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in VB 2012 US$ 31.49 889 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Application software; Development
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Hardware > Handheld Computing
- Computers > Information Technology