The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings
Save Money, Save the Earth
How efficient are front-load washing machines? When is it time to replace your old refrigerator? These questions and many more are answered in The Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings, a one-stop resource for consumers who want to improve their home’s energy performance and reduce costs. Zeroing in on the most useful response can be a challenge; this ninth edition cuts through the confusion.
Well-organized and highly readable, The Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings begins with an overview of the interrelationships between energy use, economics, and the environment. Chapters focus on specific areas in the home, such as electronics, lighting, heating, cooling, ventilation, kitchen, and laundry, and provide helpful explanations for each, including:
- Describing energy use characteristics
- Drawing comparisons between available technologies
- Outlining the most cost-effective repair and replacement options
- Providing step-by-step guidance for finding the right equipment
- Describing how the equipment operates
- Summarizing how much energy is used or lost
Included are tips on improving existing equipment and guidance for when and why consumers should purchase new energy-efficient equipment, as well as a reminder to check local government and utility incentives for purchase or retrofit grants.
This guide will be an invaluable resource to all consumers concerned about reducing both their energy bills and their environmental impact.
257 pages; ISBN 9781550923711
, or download in
More from this author
- Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings2012US$ 18.95288 pages
- Promises Fulfilled and Unfulfilled in Management Education2013US$ 47.95188 pages