The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
First in Peace
How George Washington Set the Course for America
First in Peace considers the dissension between Washington and Jefferson during the first U.S. presidency, and reveals Washington’s clear-sighted political wisdom while exposing Jefferson’s dangerous ideology. Cruise O’Brien makes the case that Washington, not Jefferson, was the true democrat, and commends his clarity of vision in restoring good relations with Britain, his preference for order and pragmatism, and his aversion to French political extremism.
184 pages; ISBN 9780786727124
, or download in or
- Academic > History > United States > Revolution to the Civil War, 1775/1783-1861 > By period > 1789-1809. Constitutional period > Washington's administrations, 1789-1797
- Academic > History > America > North America
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- History > United States > Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- History > United States > 20th Century
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- Biography & Autobiography > Historical
- Biography & Autobiography > Presidents & Heads of State
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)