Feeding Healing Raising the Dead
In this new book, Sara Miles tells what happened when she decided to follow the flesh and blood Jesus by doing something real. For everyone afraid to feed hungry strangers, love the unlovable, or go to dark places to bless and heal, she offers hope. She holds out the promise of a God who gave a bunch of housewives and fishermen authority to forgive sins and raise the dead, and who continues to call us to action. And she tells, in vivid, heartbreakingly honest stories, how the ordinary people around her are transformed by taking up God's work in the world.
Sara Miles offers a fresh, fully embodied faith that sweeps away the anxious formulas of religion to reveal the scandalous power of eating with sinners, embracing the unclean, and loving the wrong people. Jesus Freak: Feeding Healing Raising the Dead is her inspiring book for undomesticated Christians who still believe, as she writes, "that Jesus has given us the power to be Jesus."
192 pages; ISBN 9780470588130
, or download in or
Title: Jesus Freak
Author: Sara Miles
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Practical Theology > Practical religion. The Christian life
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Feast days
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymnology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymns in languages other than English
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Practical religion. The Christian life
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Conversion literature
- Religion > Christianity
- Biography & Autobiography > Religious