The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Life and Times of an American Icon
For millions, Shakur gave voice to their stories, but there was also another side to him, revealed as his life spun out of control, as the whispered warnings from friends went unheeded and the denunciations of critics grew louder. Disturbingly, he sang and wrote about his impending death. When it came, it brought the music industry to its knees and ended an era when American rappers were leaders in using their art to speak the truth to corporate, government, and judicial power.
288 pages; ISBN 9780786745937
, or download in or
- Academic > Performing Arts > Literature on music > History and criticism > Biography
- Academic > Performing Arts > Literature on music > Periodicals. Serials
- Academic > Performing Arts > Literature on music > Programs
- Music > Rap
- Biography & Autobiography > Composers & Musicians
- Biography & Autobiography > Entertainment & Performing Arts