The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Theories of Inclusive Education
A Student's Guide
This book traces the major stages of thinking in the development of inclusive education. It provides overviews of the main theoretical influences: the medico-psychological model; sociological positions; curriculum studies; school effectiveness and the impact upon policy and practice of the Disability Movement. Positioned and discussed in their historical contexts the book provides a synopsis and critique of the last 50 years of the 20th century, including the introduction of the term 'special educational needs', the practice of integration and the present processes of inclusive education.
The unique features of this book include personal reflections by a number of people who are considered to have had a major influence in the development of Inclusive Education. Summaries of their work, their writing and their thinking are provided - drawn from interviews with them and their own publications.
The book identifies and embraces some major issues. It does so bearing in mind the interests and perspectives of students working within Inclusive education studies and presents some complex issues in an accessible format with a direct style. Linking directly to the student experience, the book concludes with examples of how students have used theories on inclusive education to inform their reflections on practice. The book throughout is deliberately learner-friendly, using sample- group activities and suggested readings, and is designed to be an effective course reader.
201 pages; ISBN 9780857022295
, or download in
More from this author
- Handbook of Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties2004US$ 150.00465 pages
- Early Childhood Education2008US$ 55.00224 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Education and the state > Public school question. Secularization. Religious instruction in the public schools
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Inclusive education
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Special Education
- Education > Educational Psychology
- Social Science > Sociology
- Business > Education