The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Media Research Methods
Measuring Audiences, Reactions and Impact
By tracing the epistemological and theoretical roots of the major methodological perspectives, Gunter identifies the various schools of social scientific research that have determined the major perspectives in the area. Drawing a distinction between quantitative and qualitative methods, he discusses the relative advantages and disadvantages of each approach, and examines recent trends that signal a convergence of approaches and their associated forms of research.
The unique strength of this book is that it discusses the theoretical underpinnings of media research methodologies, and thereby presents a deeper discussion of methodologies than simply whether or not they offer techniques that generate reliable data.
321 pages; ISBN 9780857022011
, or download in
Title: Media Research Methods
Author: Barrie Gunter
More Language Arts
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Communication
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Mass media; Research; Methodology
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Communication. Mass media
- Media > Media Analysis
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Social Science > Research
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication