IT Procurement Handbook for SMEs
Thinking about upgrading? Avoid the IT pitfalls so many other SMEs fall into, and see how your business can reduce its risk and exposure to financial ruin when sourcing new IT products and services.
Large organisations can suffer badly when IT procurement goes wrong, but for small to medium enterprises (SMEs), it can be fatal. This handbook is specifically designed to help SMEs manage that risk throughout the entire procurement process. Whether it is identifying the changing IT requirements of your business, evaluating potential suppliers or managing them once appointed, this handbook will quickly guide you past the dangers.
- Identifying business requirements and risks
- The lifecycle of maintaining, refreshing, replacing and decommissioning IT systems
- Hardware and software licesning
- Evaluating suppliers and proposals
- What to look for in a contract
- Managing the tender process and negotiating with suppliers
- Where to find help
David Nickson has over twenty years' experience in IT sales and procurement, covering a wide range of industries, with considerable expertise in the field of bid management. He works with a variety of leading blue-chip companies, and writes on sales and procurement, as well as running his own business.
208 pages; ISBN 9781780170190
, or download in or
Title: IT Procurement Handbook for SMEs
Author: David Nickson