The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Routledge International Handbook of English, Language and Literacy Teaching
Edited by three authorities in the field, this Handbook presents contributions from experts across the world who report the cutting-edge of international research. It is ground-breaking in its holistic, evidence-informed account that aims to synthesize key messages for policy and practice in English, language and literacy teaching.
A comprehensive collection, the Handbook focuses on the three key areas of reading, writing, and language, and issues that cut across them. The international emphasis of all the chapters is extended by a final section that looks directly at different countries and continents.
The authors address many key issues including:
- why pupil motivation is so important
- the evidence for what works in teaching and learning
- the place of Information Technology in the twenty-first century
- the status of English and other languages
- globalisation and political control of education.
This definitive guide concludes by discussing the need for better policy cycles that genuinely build on research evidence and teachers’ working knowledge in order to engage young people and transform their life chances.
A powerful account that will be of interest to students, researchers and academics involved with education.
560 pages; ISBN 9781135183134
, or download in or
More from this author
More Language Arts
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Literacy. Illiteracy
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Teaching (Principles and practice) > Reading (General)
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Research
- Education > Bilingual Education
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Semantics
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Literacy