The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Fundamentals of Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunications Systems
The only singular, all-encompassing textbook on state-of-the-art technical performance evaluation
Fundamentals of Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems uniquely presents all techniques of performance evaluation of computers systems, communication networks, and telecommunications in a balanced manner. Written by the renowned Professor Mohammad S. Obaidat and his coauthor Professor Noureddine Boudriga, it is also the only resource to treat computer and telecommunication systems as inseparable issues. The authors explain the basic concepts of performance evaluation, applications, performance evaluation metrics, workload types, benchmarking, and characterization of workload. This is followed by a review of the basics of probability theory, and then, the main techniques for performance evaluationnamely measurement, simulation, and analytic modelingwith case studies and examples.
Contains the practical and applicable knowledge necessary for a successful performance evaluation in a balanced approach
Reviews measurement tools, benchmark programs, design of experiments, traffic models, basics of queueing theory, and operational and mean value analysis
Covers the techniques for validation and verification of simulation as well as random number generation, random variate generation, and testing with examples
Features numerous examples and case studies, as well as exercises and problems for use as homework or programming assignments
Fundamentals of Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems is an ideal textbook for graduate students in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, and information sciences, technology, and systems. It is also an excellent reference for practicing engineers and scientists.
477 pages; ISBN 9780470567197
, or download in
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic digital computers; Evaluation
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Computer Architecture
- Computers > Information Technology
- Technology > Electronics