The Hedge Fund Fraud Casebook
Compared to mutual funds, hedge funds are the James Bonds of the marketplace. They have been relatively unfettered by government regulation, and they play bigger games, take bigger risks, use unorthodox methods, and have the power to capture the public imagination in a way that their lesser counterparts have difficulty approaching. At once fascinating and startling, The Hedge Fund Fraud Casebook provides readers with a broad knowledge of hedge fund regulation through a look at the first 100 cases of proven fraud at hedge funds.
Compiling concrete data on cases of hedge fund fraud, The Hedge Fund Fraud Casebook provides you with a factual foundation for assessing this difficult area of risk.
- First comprehensive survey of hedge fund fraud including 100 chronological fraud cases
- Includes descriptions of each case, diagram of the player interaction, and tables detailing monies recovered, fines paid, prison terms, and professional sanctions
- Useful for both individual and professional investors, particularly given the last eighteen months of fraud and mismanagement among leading financial professionals and companies
The Hedge Fund Fraud Casebook provides a hedge fund professional's look at fraud and can help you prevent or avoid similar frauds in the future. It's a vital resource for any hedge fund manager or investor.
312 pages; ISBN 9780470602935
, or download in or
Title: The Hedge Fund Fraud Casebook
Author: Bruce Johnson
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Accidents. Prevention of accidents
- Social Science > Criminology
- True Crime