Effective Teaching in Gifted Education
Using a Whole School Approach
Effective teaching for gifted and talented students is high on the agenda of school systems across the world. Written by leading international scholars in the field, Effective Teaching in Gifted Education presents a thoroughly enlightening analysis of the practice of schools judged to be outstanding in their effective teaching of gifted and talented students.
Eight in-depth case studies draw upon the voices of school leaders, classroom teachers and students to illustrate and explore Gifted and Talented provision across a range of educational settings and circumstances, including:
- differentiated teaching and learning in an urban City Technology College
- gifted education in an inner-city, multi-ethnic school and a rural comprehensive school
- school ethos, student voice and motivation in a girls' grammar school
- curricular depth, enrichment and interactive teaching in a boys' grammar school
- learning in a residential summer school for gifted students.
Providing a rich evidence base, these and other examples place best practice within a framework of theory and policy. School leaders, Gifted and Talented Co-ordinators and classroom practitioners reading this book will understand the principles behind the practice, as well as how and why to apply the practice in their own schools.
This distinctive book will also be immensely useful to all those involved with Gifted and Talented education programmes and schemes and those following Continuing Professional Development and school leadership programmes, as well as NQTs, M-level students and researchers in education.
170 pages; ISBN 9781136994944
, or download in or
Title: Effective Teaching in Gifted Education
Author: Wendy Robinson; Jim Campbell
From Discipline to Culturally Responsive Engagement 2013 US$ 34.95 233 pages
The Edcamp Model 2014 US$ 11.95 73 pages
The Adult Student's Guide to Survival & Success 2008 US$ 12.00 176 pages
Teacher Evaluation to Enhance Professional Practice 2000 US$ 24.95 167 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Exceptional children and youth. Special education > Gifted children and youth
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Home education
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Special Education