The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
A Practical Guide
Multimedia Journalism: A Practical Guide offers clear advice on working across multiple media platforms and includes guides to creating and using video, audio, text and pictures.
It contains all the essentials of good practice and is supported by an Companion Website at: www.multimedia-journalism.co.uk which demonstrates how to apply the skills covered in the book, gives examples of good and bad practice, and keeps the material up-to-date and in line with new hardware, software, methods of working and legislation. The book is fully cross-referenced and interlinked with the website, which offers the chance to test your learning and send in questions for industry experts to answer in their masterclasses.
Split into three levels – getting started, building proficiency and professional standards – this book builds on the knowledge attained in each part, and ensures that skills are introduced one step at a time until professional competency is achieved. This three stage structure means it can be used from initial to advanced level to learn the key skill areas of video, audio, text, and pictures and how to combine them to create multimedia packages. Skills covered include:
- writing news reports, features, email bulletins and blogs
- building a website using a content management system
- measuring the success of your website or blog
- shooting, cropping, editing and captioning pictures
- recording, editing and publishing audio reports and podcasts
- shooting, editing and streaming video and creating effective packages
- creating breaking news tickers and using Twitter
- using and encouraging user generated content
- interviewing and conducting advanced online research
- subediting, proofreading and headlining, including search engine optimisation
- geo-tagging, geo-coding and geo-broadcasting.
Website access is free when the book or ebook is purchased. The registration key is on the final page of all editions of the book and ebook and is also on the inside front cover of the paperback edition.
499 pages; ISBN 9781135234799
, or download in or