The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Advanced VBScript for Microsoft® Windows® Administrators
Take ultimate control of system administration by learning advanced scripting techniques from two experts. Experienced Windows script-writers can move beyond the basics with hands-on instruction, advanced techniques, and best practices for using Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) as an enterprise-level administrative tool. You also get ready-to-use scripts and an eBook on CD.
Discover how to:
- Build your own scripting components and libraries
- Use digital signatures and certificates to create security-enhanced scripts
- Retrieve information from Active Directory with advanced ADSI techniques
- Manage your Windows environment with advanced Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) techniques
- Use scripts to back up, copy, restore, and set permissions for your Group Policy environment
- Write scripts to access databases with ADO
- Build hypertext applications for script graphical interfaces
- Develop scripts that work with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Operations Manager
- Exploit the scripting updates for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
- More than 100 sample scripts to adapt for your own work
- Fully searchable eBook
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Place to Hide 2014 US$ 12.99 256 pages
Program Logics for Certified Compilers 2014 US$ 14.99 469 pages