The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Resource Kit
Install, configure, and support Windows XP Professional with definitive technical guidance from the Microsoft Windows team and two industry veterans. This official RESOURCE KIT has been fully updated and revised—with coverage of Windows XP Service Pack 2, featuring Advanced Security Technologies, along with new chapters on managing software updates, the Windows Firewall, and wireless networking. You’ll also find 120+ timesaving administrative tools and scripts—plus additional content and eBooks—on the CD. It’s everything you need to help maximize the performance and reliability of your business desktops—and help reduce ownership and support costs.
Get in-depth guidance on how to:
- Plan, customize, and troubleshoot your deployment
- Use Group Policy and IntelliMirror technologies to manage users and network resources
- Administer disks, file systems, devices, print services, and digital media
- Manage authentication, authorization, access control, and EFS
- Configure TCP/IP, IP addressing, name resolution, and remote networking services
- NEW—Configure wireless networking protocols and standards; apply best practices for support
- NEW—Implement the boot-time security feature and other Windows Firewall enhancements
- NEW—Design and deploy a software update management strategy
- Apply expert strategies to diagnose and resolve system problems faster
CD inside Resource Kit tools and eBooks inside!
- 120+ tools and utilities for administering Windows-based clients and servers
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Automating and Customizing Installations eBook
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition eBook
- Microsoft Encyclopedia of Security eBook
- Fully searchable eBook of the complete RESOURCE KIT
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
Office 2013 In Depth 2013 US$ 31.99 1032 pages
Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo 2013 US$ 54.00 329 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Operating Systems > Windows