The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
How We Test Software at Microsoft®
It may surprise you to learn that Microsoft employs as many software testers as developers. Less surprising is the emphasis the company places on the testing discipline—and its role in managing quality across a diverse, 150+ product portfolio.
This book—written by three of Microsoft’s most prominent test professionals—shares the best practices, tools, and systems used by the company’s 9,000-strong corps of testers. Learn how your colleagues at Microsoft design and manage testing, their approach to training and career development, and what challenges they see ahead. Most important, you’ll get practical insights you can apply for better results in your organization.
Discover how to:
- Design effective tests and run them throughout the product lifecycle
- Minimize cost and risk with functional tests, and know when to apply structural techniques
- Measure code complexity to identify bugs and potential maintenance issues
- Use models to generate test cases, surface unexpected application behavior, and manage risk
- Know when to employ automated tests, design them for long-term use, and plug into an automation infrastructure
- Review the hallmarks of great testers—and the tools they use to run tests, probe systems, and track progress efficiently
- Explore the challenges of testing services vs. shrink-wrapped software
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Computer software; Testing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Programming > Software Development