Music through Children's Literature
Develop music appreciation among your students with folk songs, rhythmic poems, stories with musical themes, and picture books with strong musical links. Designed for teaching flexibility, these lessons can be adapted according to a teacher's level of musical proficiency and time limitations. Sections cover rhythm, melody, form, instruments, music history, and dance forms, with lively activities that involve singing, playing instruments, chanting, and movement. These are perfect for the nonmusician who is teaching music as well as the seasoned music specialist.
142 pages; ISBN 9780313079238
, or download in
Title: Music through Children's Literature
Author: Donna Levene
More Language Arts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Printed pedagogical aids > Teachers’ and supervisors’ manuals, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Music theory for children
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Music
- Music > Instruction & Study
- Education > Elementary
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Library & Information Science
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Literacy