The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Encyclopedia of Sustainability
This expansive encyclopedia breaks new ground, giving definition and focus to an urgent and much-talked-about topic that is extraordinarily wide ranging and all too often misunderstood. As the first major reference work in its field, the three comprehensive volumes span the entire scope of sustainability from ecological concepts to financial concerns to public policy and community action, giving readers a solid foundation from which to think critically about efforts to make a more sustainable world.
The Encyclopedia of Sustainability comprises three volumes, each dedicated to one of three equally important contexts in which the term is used: environment and ecology, business and economics, and equity and fairness. Each volume provides authoritative but accessible coverage of basic concepts and terms, as well as policy initiatives, controversies, and future trends. Volumes also include biographical sketches of important contributors to sustainability efforts from the scientific, economic, public policy, and activist realms, plus extensive listings of print and online resources for further exploration.
897 pages; ISBN 9783133526142
, or download in
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Encyclopedias
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Agriculture