The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Term Paper Resource Guide to Nineteenth-Century U.S. History
Major help for those inevitable American History term paper projects has arrived to enrich and stimulate students in challenging and enjoyable ways. Students from high school age to undergraduate will be able to get a jumpstart on assignments with the hundreds of term paper projects and research information offered here in an easy-to-use format. Users can quickly choose from the 100 important events of the nineteenth century, carefully selected to be appealing to students, and delve right in. Each event entry begins with a brief summary to pique interest and then offers original and thought-provoking term paper ideas in both standard and alternative formats that incorporate the latest in electronic media, such as iPod and iMovie. The best in primary and secondary sources for further research are then annotated, followed by vetted, stable Web site suggestions and multimedia resources for further viewing and listening. Librarians and faculty will want to use this as well.
Students dread term papers, but with this book, the research experience is transformed and elevated. Term Paper Resource Guide to Nineteenth-Century U.S. History is a superb source to motivate and educate students who have a wide range of interests and talents. The provided topics on events, people, inventions, cultural contributions, wars, and technological advances reflect the country's nineteenth-century character and experience. Some examples of the topics are Barbary Pirate Wars, the Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings liaison, Tecumseh and the Prophet, the Santa Fe Trail, Immigration in the 1840s, the Seneca Falls Convention, the Purchase of Alaska, Boss Tweed's Ring, Wyatt Earp and the Gunfight at O.K. Corral, United States v. Wong Kim Ark, and Scott Joplin and Ragtime Music.
424 pages; ISBN 9780313348112
, or download in
- Academic > History > United States > Revolution to the Civil War, 1775/1783-1861 > By period > 1789-1809. Constitutional period > Jefferson's administrations, 1801-1809
- Academic > History > United States > Revolution to the Civil War, 1775/1783-1861 > By period > Nineteenth century (General)
- Academic > History > America > North America
- History > United States > Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- History > United States > 20th Century
- History > United States > 19th Century
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Composition & Creative Writing
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)
- History > Great Britain
- History > Europe
- History > Modern
- History > Africa
- History > Australia & Oceania
- History > Far East
- History > World