The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Historical Chinese Letter Writing
Focussing on Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) letter writing, this compendium is an outstanding study of historical Chinese communication. Letter writing is a pivotal yet neglected medium of historical Chinese communication. The epistolary format is key to sinological research. As historical letters have a specific vocabulary and rhetorical structure it is difficult to read them without the supporting apparatus of specialised study. The aim of this compendium is to fill the gap in Chinese studies by providing a bilingual Chinese-English edition of a corpus of Chinese letters, prepared for advanced students of Classical Chinese as well as academics with an interest in historical Chinese epistolary art. The book has a broad and general introduction, systematically constructed vocabulary sections as well as detailed grammatical and philological explanations. It focuses on Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) letter writing, a high point of pre-1911 epistolary activity in Chinese, and will appeal to Chinese scholars and Sinologists at a broad range of academic levels.
More from this author
More Language Arts
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Languages of Eastern Asia, Africa, Oceania > Chinese language and literature > Chinese language
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Languages of Eastern Asia, Africa, Oceania > Ural-Altaic languages
- Foreign Language Books > Chinese
- Foreign Language Study > Russian
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Linguistics
- Literary Collections