The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Sherlock Holmes For Dummies
A classic literary character, Sherlock Holmes has fascinated readers for decades -- from his repartee with Dr. Watson and his unparalleled powers of deduction to the settings, themes, and villains of the stories. Now, this friendly guide offers a clear introduction to this beloved figure and his author, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, presenting new insight into the detective stories and crime scene analysis that have has made Sherlock Holmes famous.
Inside you'll find easy-to-understand yet thorough information on the characters, recurring themes, and locations, and social context of the Sherlock Holmes stories, the relationship of these stories to literature, and the forensics and detective work they feature. You'll also learn about the life of the author.
- Better understand and enjoy this influential literary character with this plain-English guide.
- Gain insight on these classic Doyle tales -- from the classic Hound of the Baskervilles to the lesser-known short stories to Holmes stories written by other mystery writers.
- Explore the appearance of Sherlock Holmes on film, TV, and stage.
- Examine Holmes today -- from the ever-expanding network of fans worldwide to story locations that fans can visit.
It's elementary! Sherlock Holmes For Dummies is an indispensable guide for students and fans alike!
384 pages; ISBN 9780470647370
, or download in or
More Literary Criticism
The Plum in the Golden Vase or, Chin P'ing Mei 2013 US$ 39.95 720 pages
Shakespeare and the Digital World 2014 US$ 24.00 280 pages
Paradise, Death and Doomsday in Anglo-Saxon Literature 2001 US$ 37.00 224 pages
Heller's Catch-22 1999 US$ 5.99 36 pages
- Academic > Literature > English literature > By period > Modern > 19th century
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > 19th century, 1770/1800-1890/1900
- Literary Criticism > European > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Folklore & Mythology
- Literary Collections