The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Changing Government Relations in Europe
From localism to intergovernmentalism
The past quarter of a century has seen extensive change throughout Europe. There have been significant changes in local government, and the European Union has come to play an increasing role in relation to municipal government.
This book offers a comparative analysis of recent developments in intergovernmental relations in twelve countries across Europe. Using the framework for analysis from Page and Goldsmith’s 1987 Central and Local Government Relations, each chapter examines changes in central-local relations in their respective country over the past 20 years. This book extends the coverage to include, for the first time, both federal systems and Eastern European countries. Offering detailed empirical studies, it assesses how far there have been changes in the functions, access and discretion of local government.
The book will be of great interest to students and scholars of local government, urban politics, EU studies and public administration.
304 pages; ISBN 9781135167943
, or download in or
More Political Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe > Great Britain > Scotland
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe > General
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Europe) > Great Britain > Scotland
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Europe) > General
- Political Science > International Relations
- Political Science > Federal Government