The Strangest Man
The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac, Mystic of the Atom
Dirac’s personality is legendary. He was an extraordinarily reserved loner, relentlessly literal-minded and appeared to have no empathy with most people. Yet he was a family man and was intensely loyal to his friends. His tastes in the arts ranged from Beethoven to Cher, from Rembrandt to Mickey Mouse.
Based on previously undiscovered archives, The Strangest Man reveals the many facets of Dirac’s brilliantly original mind. A compelling human story, The Strangest Man also depicts a spectacularly exciting era in scientific history.
560 pages; ISBN 9780465019922
, or download in or
Title: The Strangest Man
Author: Graham Farmelo
- Academic > Physics > Physicists; Biography > Anderson, Carl D. (Carl David), 1905-
- Academic > Physics > Physicists; Biography > Dirac, P. A. M. (Paul Adrien Maurice), 1902-1984
- Academic > Physics > Descriptive and experimental mechanics
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Abstracts; Periodicals
- Biography & Autobiography > Science & Technology