Early American Literature, 1776-1820
The new Research Guide to American Literature is a series of handbooks for students that provides strategies for studying and writing about frequently taught literary topics. Each volume contains dozens of study guides, each of which examines a particular work, author, movement, or theme, providing the necessary background information, suggesting fruitful areas of research, and listing the best secondary sources.
This volume covers American literature during the first years of the new nation.
- Topics discussed include
- sentimental novels
- essays, magazines, and nation-building
- travel in fiction and nonfiction
- poetry and social class
- letters as literature
- The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano
- The Declaration of Independence
- Ben Franklin's Autobiography
- Washington Irving's "Rip Van Winkle"
- and many more
223 pages; ISBN 9781438132433
, or download in
Title: Early American Literature, 1776-1820
Author: Angela Vietto