The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Chalcogenide Glasses for Infrared Optics
Cutting-edge techniques for yielding high-quality chalcogenide glasses
This pioneering work describes the technology, developed over a 50-year period, to utilize chalcogenide glasses as infrared optical materials. Methods for qualitatively identifying chalcogenide glass compositions and producing high-purity homogeneous glass are discussed.
Chalcogenide Glasses for Infrared Optics includes unique production techniques developed through the author's work at both Texas Instruments (TI) and Amorphous Materials, Inc. (AMI). The production of vacuum float zoned silicon, gallium arsenide, and cadmium telluride, all useful in infrared technology, is explained. The book highlights examples of how glass composition can be changed to enhance a particular property.
- Transmission of light by solids
- Physical properties of chalcogenide glasses
- Glass production
- Careful characterization of glass properties
- Conventional lens fabrication--spherical surfaces
- Molding of unconventional aspheric lenses with diffractive surfaces
- Glass processes for other applications
- IR imaging bundles made from chalcogenide glass fibers
- Production of infrared crystalline materials at AMI
- Development of an automatic ellipsometer system at TI
304 pages; ISBN 9780071596985
, or download in or
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages