Methods and Applications
Scan statistics is currently one of the most active and important areas of research in applied probability and statistics, having applications to a wide variety of fields: archaeology, astronomy, bioinformatics, biosurveillance, molecular biology, genetics, computer science, electrical engineering, geography, material sciences, physics, reconnaissance, reliability and quality control, telecommunication, and epidemiology.
Filling a gap in the literature, this self-contained volume brings together a collection of selected chapters illustrating the depth and diversity of theory, methods and applications in the area of scan statistics.
* Chapters are written by leading experts in the field.
* Features many current results and highlights new directions for future research.
* Includes challenging theoretical methodological research problems.
* Presentation is accessible to statisticians as well as to scientists from other disciplines where scan statistics are employed.
* Real-world applications to areas such as bioinformatics and biosurveillance are emphasized.
* Contains extensive references to research articles, books, and relevant computer software.
Scan Statistics is an excellent reference for graduate students and researchers in applied probability and statistics, as well as for scientists in biology, computer science, pharmaceutical science, medicine, geography, quality control, communications, and epidemiology. The work may also be used as a textbook for a graduate-level seminar on scan statistics.
409 pages; ISBN 9780817647490
, or download in
Title: Scan Statistics
Author: Joseph Glaz; Vladimir Pozdnyakov; Sylvan Wallenstein
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Multivariate analysis
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Order statistics
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Mathematics > Applied
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Medicine > Biostatistics
- Computers > Mathematical & Statistical Software