Effective Perl Programming
Ways to Write Better, More Idiomatic Perl
The Classic Guide to Solving Real-World Problems with Perl—Now Fully Updated for Today’s Best Idioms!
For years, experienced programmers have relied on Effective Perl Programming to discover better ways to solve problems with perl. Now, in this long-awaited second edition, three renowned Perl programmers bring together today’s best idioms, techniques, and examples: everything you need to write more powerful, fluent, expressive, and succinct code with Perl.
Nearly twice the size of the first edition, Effective Perl Programming, Second Edition, offers everything from rules of thumb to avoid common pitfalls to the latest wisdom for using Perl modules. You won’t just learn the right ways to use Perl: You’ll learn why these approaches work so well.
New coverage in this edition includes
- Reorganized and expanded material spanning twelve years of Perl evolution
- Eight new chapters on CPAN, databases, distributions, files and filehandles, production Perl, testing, Unicode, and warnings
- Updates for Perl 5.12, the latest version of Perl
- Systematically updated examples reflecting today’s best idioms
You’ll learn how to work with strings, numbers, lists, arrays, strictures, namespaces, regular expressions, subroutines, references, distributions, inline code, warnings, Perl::Tidy, data munging, Perl one-liners, and a whole lot more. Every technique is organized in the same Items format that helped make the first edition so convenient and popular.
500 pages; ISBN 9780321718273
, or download in or
Title: Effective Perl Programming
Author: Joseph N. Hall; Joshua A. McAdams; brian d foy
The Innovators 2014 US$ 9.99 528 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > Pseudocode
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > Pascal
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > Perl
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Computers > Programming Languages > Java
- Computers > Programming Languages > HTML, SGML, VRML, XML
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Computers > Programming