The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Use of Thermodynamic Databases in Performance Assessment
Workshop Proceedings, Barcelona, Spain 29-30 May 2001
Performance assessment of repository concepts for the geological disposal of long-lived radioactive waste relies on the availability of thermodynamic data for many radionuclides and other elements under a wide range of physico-chemical conditions. For the past ten years, the OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA) has been co-ordinating a multinational effort to produce a database of selected thermochemical values that would satisfy the requirements of the various national programmes in Member countries. This project is known as the NEA Thermochemical Database (TDB) Project.
This publication contains the full papers and summary discussion records of a workshop attended by scientists active in the field of chemical thermodynamics and experts in repository performance assessment who use the thermochemical databases for their evaluations. During the workshop, participants discussed current experimental and theoretical standpoints, new data requirements and the peculiarities of their application in performance assessment.
218 pages; ISBN 9789264160798
, or download in
More from this author
- 21st Century Learning Environments2006US$ 35.00110 pages
- Engineered Barrier Systems (EBS) in the Safety Case2007US$ 63.00190 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Municipal refuse. Solid wastes
- Academic > Engineering > Sanitary engineering > Municipal refuse. Solid wastes
- Technology > Engineering > Nuclear