The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Thermal Physics of the Atmosphere
The book starts by covering the basics of thermodynamics and its applications in atmospheric science. The later chapters describe major applications, specific to more specialized areas of atmospheric physics, including vertical structure and stability, cloud formation, and radiative processes. The book concludes with a discussion of non-equilibrium thermodynamics as applied to the atmosphere.
This book provides a thorough introduction and invaluable grounding for specialised literature on the subject.
- Introduces a wide range of areas associated with atmospheric physics
- Starts from basic level thermal physics
- Ideally suited for readers with a general physics background
- Self-assessment questions included for each chapter
- Supplementary website to accompany the book
253 pages; ISBN 9780470710371
, or download in
The Galileo Affair 1989 US$ 12.95 399 pages
Will You Be Alive 10 Years from Now? 2013 US$ 27.95 256 pages