Foundations of Applied Electrodynamics
In this book, the author takes a fresh look at the essential concepts and methods of electrodynamics as a whole, uniting the most relevant contemporary topics under a common mathematical framework. The book contains clear explanations of high-level concepts as well as the mutual relationships between the essential ideas of electromagnetic theory. Starting with the fundamentals of electrodynamics, it methodically covers a wide spectrum of research and applications that stem from electromagnetic phenomena, before concluding with more advanced topics such as quantum electrodynamics.
- One of the first books on electromagnetics that contains both the special and general theory of relativity
- Includes new advances and methodologies in applied electrodynamics, and provides the whole picture of the theory of electrodynamics in most active areas of engineering applications
- Systematically deals with eigenvalue problems, integral equation formulations and transient phenomena in various areas of applied electrodynamics
- Introduces the complete theory of spherical vector wave functions, and investigates the upper bounds of the product of gain and bandwidth for an arbitrary antenna
- Presents the field approach to multiple antenna system, providing a theoretical tool for the prediction of channel models of multi-input and multi-output system
Summarizing both engineering and theoretical electromagnetism in one volume, this book is an essential reference for graduate students, research engineers, physicists, and applied mathematicians, as well as a guide for those who wish to advance their analytical techniques for studying applied electrodynamics.
522 pages; ISBN 9781119957485
, or download in or
Title: Foundations of Applied Electrodynamics
Author: Wen Geyi