The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Marketing the Arts
A Fresh Approach
In recent years, there have been significant shifts in arts marketing, both as a practice and an academic discipline. The relationship between art and the market is increasingly complex and dynamic, requiring a transformation in the way the arts are marketed.
Marketing the Arts argues that arts marketing is not about the simple application of mainstream managerial marketing to the arts. With contributions from international scholars of marketing and consumer studies, this book engages directly with a range of contemporary themes, including:
- The importance of arts consumption and its social dimensions
- The importance of the aesthetic experience itself, and how to research it
- Arts policy development
- The art versus commerce debate
- The role of the arts marketer as market-maker
- The artist as brand or entrepreneur
This exciting new book covers topics as diverse as Damien Hirst’s 'For the Love of God', Liverpool’s brand makeover, Manga scanlation, Gob Squad, Surrealism, Bluegrass music, Miles Davis and Andy Warhol, and is sure to enthuse students and enlighten practitioners.
328 pages; ISBN 9781136995019
, or download in or
More from this author
- Music, Markets and Consumption2013US$ 48.00242 pages
- New Horizons Arts Heritage Nonprofit Social Marketing2013US$ 135.00242 pages