The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
A Cross-Cultural Analysis
Forms of plural marriage, or polygamy, are practiced within most of the world's cultures and religions. The amazing variation, versatility and adaptability of polygamy underscore that it is not just an exotic non-Western practice, but also exists in modern Western societies. Polygamy: A Cross-cultural Analysis provides an examination and analysis of historical and contemporary polygamy. It outlines polygamy's place in anthropological theory and its rich sociocultural diversity in countries ranging from the USA and UK to Malaysia, India, regions of Africa and Tibet. Polygamy also addresses often difficult and controversial issues facing modern polygamists, such as prejudice, HIV/AIDS and women's emancipation. Polygamy: A Cross-cultural Analysis offers an anthropological overview of the fascinating yet often misunderstood institution of polygamy.
No More Mr. Nice Guy! 2002 US$ 9.95 261 pages
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 11.66 320 pages
- Academic > Sociology > The Family. Marriage. Women > The family. Marriage. Home > Polygamy
- Academic > Anthropology > Manners and customs (General) > Customs relative to private life, Including children, marriage, eating and drinking, funeral customs, etc.
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Social Science > Sociology
- Family & Relationships > Marriage
- Family & Relationships > Adoption
- Family & Relationships > Divorce
- Family & Relationships > Parenting
- Family & Relationships > Family Relationships