The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Sport Management: principles and applications second edition provides a comprehensive introduction to the practical application of management principles within sport organisations. Ideal for all students studying sport management at an introductory level, it presents an international balanced view between accepted practice and what research evidence tells us about the application of a range of management principles and practices in sport.
Structured in two parts it offers an introduction and explanation of the structure of the sport industry and covers the fundamental management issues unique to sport including: strategy, human resource management, leadership, finance, marketing, governance and performance management.
Each chapter has a coherent learning structure complete with international case studies and accompanying online lecturer and student support material which:
- presents a conceptual overview of the focus for the chapter
- presents accepted practice supported by specific organisational examples at the community, state/provincial, national and professional level, these organisations will include examples specifically from the UK, Australia and New Zealand
- presents one big case for analysis per chapter, which is supported by online diagnostics and tutor resource materials
- presents research findings from around the globe
- presents a summary of guiding principles for the focus of the chapter based on a balanced view of practice and research
- presents a section of teaching and learning resources including a review questions, further reading, relevant websites
- provides online access to PowerPoints per chapter, tutorial activities per chapter and test bank of multiple choice questions for students per chapter
This book combines clearly explained theory with a variety of pedagogical features that make it essential for students and teachers of sport management.
338 pages; ISBN 9781136435669
, or download in or
Title: Sport Management
Author: Russell Hoye; Matthew Nicholson; Hans Westerbeek; Aaron Smith; Bob Stewart