The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Version Control with Subversion
Written by members of the development team that maintains Subversion, this is the official guide and reference manual for the popular open source revision control technology. The new edition covers Subversion 1.5 with a complete introduction and guided tour of its capabilities, along with best practice recommendations.
Version Control with Subversion is useful for people from a wide variety of backgrounds, from those with no previous version control experience to experienced system administrators.
Subversion is the perfect tool to track individual changes when several people collaborate on documentation or, particularly, software development projects. As a more powerful and flexible successor to the CVS revision control system, Subversion makes life so much simpler, allowing each team member to work separately and then merge source code changes into a single repository that keeps a record of each separate version.
Inside the updated edition Version Control with Subversion, you'll find:
- An introduction to Subversion and basic concepts behind version control
- A guided tour of the capabilities and structure of Subversion 1.5 Guidelines for installing and configuring Subversion to manage programming, documentation, or any other team-based project
- Detailed coverage of complex topics such as branching and repository administration
- Advanced features such as properties, externals, and access control
- A guide to best practices
- Complete Subversion reference and troubleshooting guide
More from this author
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages